Hey Guys,
I was thinking that we should try to come up with a location to surprise Mom. If Aaron and Liz just drive to Bisbee and stops at the houses when she thinks she's going to a campground, then she'll know something's up.
One thing I thought we could do is meet at a vineyard on the way to Bisbee. There are a few in the foothills of the Chiricahua Mountains that could be nice places to stop for a spell on the way to the "campground". Aaron could be like, "Hey look Mom, there's a vineyard up ahead. Why don't we stop and do some wine tasting?" and she'd be all "Yeah, I love wine, let's do it." and we'd all be waiting inside and surprise her!! What do you think?
There are a few vineyards on the way to Bisbee from Las Cruces that are close enough to camping areas that it wouldn't arouse her suspicions:
http://www.colibrivineyard.com/
http://www.keelingschaefervineyards.com/
Both require us to call them to set up appointments for tasting, but I think it would be easy enough to do. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like that idea. Either one would be fine for me. the one down-side is that we were hoping to be driving out there pretty early, and wine too early isn't always ideal. But maybe that's just an excuse for a later start?
ReplyDeleteLiz had another idea: We have a birder friend who lives in Tuscon, and we could tell Mom that he has offerred to guide us to the coolest birds in the area, and that we need to pick him up from his "house in bisbee". We show up at "his house" and there you all are.
OK, maybe it will be too early for wine. How about breakfast somewhere on the way. Do you guys know of a fun diner or breakfast place on the way to Bisbee? I think meeting up at a "rest stop" somewhere would be more fun and surprising than at the house in Bisbee.
ReplyDeletetoo early for wine? I guess you dont know mom that well......
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ben. Besides, we'd have to leave super early from las Cruces for a breakfast. I'm thinking that we could be arriving at the vineyard around noon. I'm emailing one of the vineyards above now to see their response (and CCing you guys).
ReplyDelete